Monday, January 9, 2017

2017

There's something about the New Year that is so refreshing and motivating.  For many the New Year seems like the perfect opportunity to start over or make changes or finally set some goals to better their lives. To be honest, goals have always been something I've cringed at.  It's like my least favorite subject in Life, ya know?!  It's not that I never follow through with them or set goals too unattainable, which can be the downfall of positive goal setting.  I'm not even sure why I dislike it.  Something I'll have to keep working on I guess. ;)  A goal to be better at liking goal setting...


The going just keeps on going over here.  I'm feeling a little guilty for switching gears in my form of scrap booking.  I'm not ready to give up this little place of mine, and I don't plan to anytime soon.  Something needed simplifying and I found the perfect solution for keeping record of all my photos and family memories.  I'm not promoting anything but just clarifying why I'm not present as much anymore here.  I've found Chatbooks! (To which I found before they upped their prices! Yay!) I simply add my photos and a little description about the photo and (boom!) they turn it into a book! Simple, easy, and my boys love looking through them.  I love how clean and simple they look and I never feel guilty for taking too many pictures and having no safe place to put them.  The memories are already being cherished better and I like the idea of being 90 and not having to suddenly put together a life memoir that seems so daunting to suddenly remember your whole life right before you move on from it. Ha.

For now here's a little update on our little lives:

-->> The Family <<--


-Just doing that Florida thing.  It almost feels like a big stressful vacation.  We still have our normal routines and responsibilities but then we also feel like were in vacation mode with our beautiful surroundings.  We are still finding our new normal.  
-We went to Utah for most of December and came home right before Christmas.  My sister got married, my brother left on a mission, we soaked up all the cold air & snow, and we enjoyed some much needed family time. 
-Sand! Sand is everywhere.  I've come to terms that I'll have sand in my car until we move.
-We are really loving all the family time we have compared to being in school.  We spend a lot our evenings at the beach. We live 9 minutes from driveway to the ocean water.  And 2 minutes from driveway to the bay water.
-We love trying new places to eat and exploring where we live.


-->>  Sir Beckham <<--

-Age 3
-Also known as "Peaches!" (cause he's such a peach sometimes...) We figured calling him "Destructor" (which he still is) probably wasn't the most positive thing to ingrain in his brain. ;)
-We moved to Florida and he lost all his curly hair.  :(  I was so sad.  He is still as handsome as ever but we are missing his signature blonde curly hair.  The best was I never had to style it, it was just a messy curly mop on his head and I LOVED it!
-His eyes are turning more hazel then blue.
-He has really matured a lot that last month or so in communicating and really just moving on from the impulsive toddler stage to being a kid. It's really fun to see his personality coming through instead of his constant meltdowns and screams.
- All potty trained. He potty trained soooo fast and easy.  Which was a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the other frustrations we've had in reaching certain milestones.
-Goes to "food school" once a week.  The doctors finally listened to me about his issues with eating instead of him just being a picky eater.   He has food therapy once a week and we've slowly been seeing progress in is desire to eat and try food.
-He loves "Duck & Goose" books, watching movies, jumping on the tramp, singing, having dance parties at the end credits of movies, and going to the beach!
-He is very sensitive and often gives me hugs during the day.  He will tell me he loves me and that I'm beautiful too.  Which just melts my heart.  He is going to make some girl VERY happy someday. Sweet boy.
-He graduated from nursery and church and had his first week as a Sunbeam in Primary!
-We joke that he has the personality of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  There's no happy medium.  He's either extremely sweet, happy, and funny or completely grumpy, mean, and angry!
-He is super clever and witty.  For example:
Me: "Beckham! Why are you out of bed?"
Sir Beckham: "Don't worry mom, I put the marshmallow bag away all by myself!"

We sure love you little B!


-->> P-man <<--


-Age 6
-Loving 1st grade!  He really thrives in a school setting.  He loves friends and he loves learning!  It's so fun to see his love for it, I hope he continues to keep that his whole life.
-He's really excelling at reading.  His favorite books to read are non-fiction.  He especially loves books about science and animals.
-Still a total goof ball.  But when he's serious he is so sweet and caring.  He notices the details and tries to make people happy.  In December, he had earned some money and wanted to take it to the store to buy something.  One of the Santa's was in the front of the store ringing the bell asking for donations.  Without hesitation and asked if he could donate some money.  He gave more then half of the money he had earned to the Santa.  He was beaming with the thought he had helped someone.
-Begged me for a buzz cut.  I told him after picture day he could get one... Ever! So he chose to get one after picture day ;). 
-  Had a great time playing on his soccer team this year! He even scored a goal and an assist!
-Loves to play with things that build.
-Loves making paper airplanes.
-Likes to draw and create things.
-Loves the beach.  He can boogie board and knee board behind the wave runner! He's still practicing at skim boarding.  He can balance and ride it but still trying to get the throwing part down!
-Still gives me a kiss and a hug before going to school! (I'll take it as long as I can get it!)  He will also come hug me during Sharing Time at church, he was super excited to have me give Sharing Time lessons. :)

We sure love you P-man!



-->> The Papa <<--


-Loving not having homework!
-Started running more now that the weather has cooled a bit.  Ran from our house to the beach! (Just over 7 miles!) I picked him up and we went to get donuts for breakfast. Ha.
-Working with the Young Men in our church and loving it.
-Bought a wave runner to try and "fit in" here.
-Seems to be immune from the mosquitoes.
-Leaves for SOS this Spring for 5 weeks.
-Continues to give everything to his little family.  

We sure love you Papa!

-->> The Mama <<--


-Chopped 8 inches off my hair.
-Loving the cooler weather.
-Trying desperately to adjust to the Florida heat and bugs.
-Enjoys the sunsets over the beach.
-Feeling like I'm finally getting organized with my house.  I purged 6 large garbage bags of stuff to donate after Christmas!
-Serving in the Primary at church and loving it!
-Started doing Yoga with Adriene at home.  I stumbled across it on You Tube one day when I wasn't in the mood to do cardio or strength workouts and fell in love with it.  I am not flexible in any way shape or form and my downward dog is knees bent and heels never touching but I have loved the way my body feels after.  It has been really rejuvenating for me.  Plus it helped my back after I injured it this past summer.  Brian teases me that I'm becoming a "Yogi"!


I've been feeling really good the last 6 weeks. I'm grateful for doctors and a loving Heavenly Father.  I have felt better the last 6 weeks then I have the last 3 years.  I hope it continues to progress and I'm grateful for each moment it does. I'm grateful for my little life and the people I get to live it with! Especially these little people.

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, beach, outdoor, nature and water


My in-laws gave me this painting and I will cherish it forever.  I know I can endure and enjoy this life with Christ.  He is my purpose.

"Wherefore, fear not even unto death; for in this world your joy is not full, but in me your joy is full."
(Doctrine and Covenants 101:36) 

with love,
Kimba

No comments:

Post a Comment